Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pass the Ramen (by Victoria)

Every now and then, I catch myself being a complete stereotype-- giggling with a bunch of girls while watching chick flicks, wearing sweats and studying while walking on campus, etc. I love these moments.

This year so far has been one non-stop stereotypical experience, but my favorite aspect? Our apartment. Nothing says "college" quite like our apartment.

The cupboards are packed with cereal, peanut butter, and spaghetti. The refrigerator has 4 gallons of different kinds of milk. Our decorations are a hodgepodge of interests from six people-- pirate flags, movie posters, religious inspirational signs-- and no two plates match. Our A/C is on its last leg, and the bunk bed splits and creaks every time Amanda moves. There are more rules for running the dishwasher properly than the honor code. At 2:30am, some are studying, some are coming home from dates, some are wasting time on youtube, and maybe someone's sleeping.

We're poor students living in a small space, and I couldn't ask for a more perfect college experience. Now back to facebook. I mean, homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment