Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Victoria is a fun sucker tonight...
Just kidding, I love her! But she really is not diggin the X-mas music tonight... who would've thought that Xmas in September would be weird?
Thursday, September 17, 2009
This year so far has been one non-stop stereotypical experience, but my favorite aspect? Our apartment. Nothing says "college" quite like our apartment.
The cupboards are packed with cereal, peanut butter, and spaghetti. The refrigerator has 4 gallons of different kinds of milk. Our decorations are a hodgepodge of interests from six people-- pirate flags, movie posters, religious inspirational signs-- and no two plates match. Our A/C is on its last leg, and the bunk bed splits and creaks every time Amanda moves. There are more rules for running the dishwasher properly than the honor code. At 2:30am, some are studying, some are coming home from dates, some are wasting time on youtube, and maybe someone's sleeping.
We're poor students living in a small space, and I couldn't ask for a more perfect college experience. Now back to facebook. I mean, homework.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
- Emma puts in the dishes when I'm supposed to. She sits with me, talks to me, watches "Are You Afraid of the Dark" with me. She is one of the most considerate, giving people I've ever met. Even through the stress and uncertainties of transferring to BYU, she researches possibilities for MY major. Talk about thoughtful.
- Brittany is our social butterfly. She keeps us in the guy-loop. Without her, we wouldn't know anyone in our ward. She attracts 'em, then invites us along. Sweetest. Girl. Ever. Her enthusiasm for HSM, Yale Gracey, and the BYU social scene is more contagious than swine flu.
- Nadine makes me feel like I'm in love too. When she comes in with the "post," I get almost as excited as her. Almost. When most of my conversations are, "We hate boys!" she puts a little faith back into things. She is one of those people that is easy to get along with from day 1. Oh, and she's a stone cold fox.
- Amanda puts up with me complaining... sometimes in my sleep... Yes, most of my worries are pretty insignificant, but she always takes time to listen and validate. She understands when I need down time, and when I need motivation to go out. We lean on each other a lot, and without her, I would definitely fall over.
- Susan is so easy going. You want to be social but not actually do anything? Susan's up for a walk. You want to chill on your own? That's cool with her. You want to rock out to Dr. Suess and Mother Goose? She's down for anything. This girl is the perfect blend of depth and fun.
At the beginning of this year, I could feel it was going to be a good one. There was something in the air. Now, I'm seeing why. God loves us so much. He aligned the universe so that this group of 6 very different people could come together to learn, laugh, play, and grow. For each of our worries, there's someone with experience. For each of our strengths, there's someone with needs. We rock.
Not to mention we're total babes.
Friday, September 11, 2009
it was labor day. Which meant that once again, we had to go without maintenance fixing our not broken A/C (see previous post by susan). That being said, we were watching "The Wedding Singer" whilst melting quite gruesomely into the apartment furniture.
All of a sudden, someone (I think emma) sat up and announced with authority to us lowly roommates,
Monday, September 7, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Dear Alan Rickman,
I… love you.
In fact, I have labeled all of my food in my refrigerator, “Alan Rickman.”
If you would like me to continue this, please call me. ASAP.
But just leave me a message, because I don’t answer from any number I don’t know. So leave me a message, and I’ll call you back to discuss other labeling possibilities.
P.S. I falsely signed your name next to mine on a wedding reception guest book. I know it was wrong, but I couldn’t help wanting my name to be seen next to yours.
P.P.S. You are much better than Tom Clancy.
P.P.P.S. I would never use your name in replacement of a swear word....
unless it’s positive.
If you would like to learn more about Alan Rickman, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severus_Snape